Next Course Date: Wednesday April 3rd April 2019 - Thursday 4th April
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a Certified SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Who is Leading SAFe For?
Kanban management professional lends itself to many management roles including:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
• Understand the five competencies of the Lean Enterprise
• Become a Lean-thinking Manager-Teacher
• Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
• Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
• Create high-performing teams and trains by establishing mission and purpose
• Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
• Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
• Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
• Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
• Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
• Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
• Creating high-performing teams and trains
• Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
• Releasing on Demand with DevOps
• Building a Lean Portfolio
• Leading the transformation
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbook
• Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
• One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.