After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration planning
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment (PI) execution
- Coach the Agile Team for maximum business results
In this course you will:
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbooks
- PDF workbooks
- Course certificate
- Eligibility to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New Scrum Masters who would need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who have not been trained
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in context of SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
Renewals are from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- 10 Professional Development Units
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Scrum Master with SSM Certification
What is this Course?
What is this course?
For individuals who want to understand the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise.
SAFe 4.5 Scrum Master provides the knowledge and practice needed to support facilitation of team and program events for successful program execution.
Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, this course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and teaches you how to coach teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe.
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe 4.5 Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning.
You’ll also discover how to coach those Agile teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4.5 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.